UX Under Fire - On Communicating the Value of UX
As a UX professional you've probably found yourself forced to argue for the importance of UX in a project. You've probably heard people say that UX is of little importance. And as a designer it's not always easy to explain why UX matters. But UX needs to be justified. And it's your job to do so. In this session I will present ways to convince even project managers from hell about the value of UX.
Attend this session to learn methods to visualize and communicate the value of UX and usability. Using these tools and frameworks you will be able to convincingly argue for why UX is critical to a website delivering what its stakeholders expect.
- The reasons why UX comes under fire, and the many misconceptions that exist regarding UX and usability.
- The UX value proposition: How to visually translate the value of UX work.
- The link between UX and business: How to talk about UX in terms MBAs can relate to.
- A success story: What an incredible difference a few hours spent on UX can do for a website.
* I use the the term UX here as a shortening for the wide field of usability, interaction design (IxD), user experience design and information architecture.
Previously presented at Frontend United in Amsterdam in April of 2012, this session was very appreciated and highly rated.