Core Conversations are a place for people actively working and contributing to Drupal core or drupal.org to meet, discuss, and plan the future of Drupal. Each Drupal core initiative will give a status update as part of this track.
Each session is either one 30 minute presentation or two 15 minute presentations, followed by 30 minutes of discussion with the audience.
Are Core Conversations for me?
The target audience for core conversations are those actively engaged in pushing Drupal forward. The sessions and conversations typically involve specific proposals, discussions, and status updates about:
- Improving Drupal core
- Concrete discussions about major/larger architectural changes or ongoing pain points.
- Improving the drupal.org web site and infrastructure
- Support the community's rapid growth.
- Improving Drupal's documentation
- Improving Drupal core development processes
In a nutshell, the regular tracks and sessions present existing things in Drupal, whereas Core Conversations focus on changing Drupal.
If you are new to Drupal, work mostly in contrib space, or simply want to learn more about Drupal and Drupal development then you will get far more out of the regular sessions, particularly in the Coder, Themer, and Sitebuilding tracks.
The call for Core Conversations is now closed. View proposed Core Conversations.
Please note all deadlines are 11:59PM CEST.
- Core conversations submissions open: May 29, 2012
- Core conversations submissions close: June 29, 2012
- Core conversations announced: July 9, 2012